Friday, December 19, 2008

The Beginning...

So this is the beginning. It is hard to find a starting point, so let me just begin at how I stubbled upon this journey...

I am a 32 year old mom of 2 gorgeous girls, Kaylee is 20 months and Kiera is nearly 6 months. My pregnancies were very easy and getting pregnant was...well...even easier! I enjoyed both pregnancies. I enjoy the miracles that were created each and every day.

My faith pulled me in this direction, I am not sure of the exact moment it fell into place, but it was soon after the birth of Kiera. I had watched my sister battle infertility and seeing the toll it has taken on her killed me. I thought about her constantly and wished I could trade places with her a million times. In April 2008 after years of trying, she was Blessed with a baby girl, Grace. It was a long journey for her and I know it is a long journey for so many other couples like her.

In short, God called me to do this. I believe that 100%. I could not explain why I had this overwhelming feeling to give this to another couple, the feeling just appeared. At the time I was living in Michigan and was devastated when I researched surrogacy and found MI had unfavorable surrogacy laws. It was soon after our path took us back home to Jason's hometown in Lancaster County PA. It was then I learned surrogacy in PA was favorable and the move gave me a green light to go forward.

I found SMO (surro moms online) I researched surrogacy in even more detail and every bit I learned excited me even further. I placed an ad looking for a couple who needed a surro. I also spoke with a couple agencies. After floods of emails, I found the perfect couple...N, A &A whom were looking for a sibling for their adorable little angel, A. I had a gut feeling instantly they were the couple I wanted to embark upon this journey with. My wonderful husband, Jason, knew this was a path my faith was directing me down and he supported me 100%...so we continued to email and set up a meeting for Christmas time.

I began this journey with faith in the creation of a miracle and my goal is to Bless another family in the same way i've been Blessed....I would love for you to follow along.

No comments:

Post a Comment